Applying to CMC
Components of the Application
- Common Application: Must be submitted online.
- School Report: Submitted by your school counselor.
- Transcript: Please have your counselor submit an official high school transcript reflecting work completed through your junior year.
- Mid-Year Report: Your school's college counselor should also complete this form; however, it should not be submitted until your seventh semester or tenth trimester grades are available.
- Two Teacher Evaluations: These forms should be completed and submitted by teachers who have instructed you in core academic areas (English, mathematics, language, science, or social sciences).
- You must submit either SAT or ACT scores. Only official test reports from the appropriate testing agency will be accepted. If submitting the ACT, please also submit the ACT Writing Test. CMC considers your highest test results, no matter which test you take.
- A NOTE ON SUPERSCORING: The Admission Committee will consider your best scores from individual sections of the test to give you the highest combined SAT score. We will also take the highest score from the individual subsections of the ACT to give you the highest ACT Composite score.
- SAT Subject Tests: Not required for admission to CMC. However, homeschooled students are required to submit scores from two subject tests. One must be from math and one of their choice.
- Interviews: Interviews are completely optional and may be conducted on campus or with an alumni interviewer. All homeschooled applicants are required to interview.
- Application Fee: $70.00
- Optional Video Response: After submitting your application, you will receive instructions by email from the CMC Admission Office on how to submit an optional two-minute video. Submission of this video is completely optional and you will be provided with a prompt.