Single Graphic Top of Page
Reservation Instructions and FAQs
Please follow these instructions to use the new Ath reservation system.
- Click on the Sign Up button to sign up for the associated event. If you are not already logged onto the system, you will be taken to the Claremont Colleges universal login page.
- Input your network username and password and select your Claremont Colleges affiliation, then click on "Login." Note that this is the same username/password combination used to login to Sakai and Honnold Library.
- If you are from a college other than CMC and the event is currently restricted to the CMC community, you will not be able to sign up. It may become open to other Claremont Colleges members in a few days, so please check again then.
- If you are able to register, the browser will take you the individual event's registration page. Your name will already be entered and you cannot change it. If your name is incorrect, please contact your institution's IT help desk.
You must enter a value in the College ID field and indicate your dietary preferences. In the future, you will not have to re-enter your College ID or preferences unless they change. If you are a staff or faculty member, you will see the option to bring one guest.
- Click on the "Save Registration" button to sign up or "Cancel" button to back out.
- After registering for an event, you shortly should receive a confirmation email. You will also receive a reminder email shortly before the actual event.
I don't see a sign up button? Where is it?
If you don't see the sign up button, either the event has not yet been opened to registration, or the event's capacity has been reached. Please contact the Athenaeum if you have questions or wish to be placed on a waitlist.
How do I get on the waitlist?
Please contact the Athenaeum.
When I click on the sign up button, I am directed to a sign up page requiring a Claremont Colleges login. But I don’t have a login. How do I sign up?
Athenaeum events are generally restricted to current members of the Claremont Colleges community. If you are a parent or alumni, please contact Parent & Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
I have a login but I can’t remember my password. What should I do?
If you are a Claremont McKenna student or faculty or staff member, you can reset your password here.
If you are affiliated with a different member of Claremont University Consortium, please contact your institution's IT help desk.
I am a faculty/staff member at CMC. Do I need to provide my ID number to register?
No, faculty and staff do not need to provide ID numbers for registration and can simply enter 1234 in that field. (The ID number field is needed from students so as to coordinate with Bon Appétit.)
I am retired or an emeritus professor from CMC. How do I sign up?
If you do not have a current Claremont Colleges login, please contact the Athenaeum.
I am a CMC alum or a CMC parent. How do I sign up?
How do I change my dietary preferences?
Each time you reserve for a new event, you have the option of changing your dietary preferences.
Can I bring guests?
Staff and faculty members may bring one guest. To bring more than one guest, or if you are not a staff or faculty member, please contact the Athenaeum. See our guest policy.
Do I have to pay to attend?
Information on costs is explained here on the guidelines page.
How do I cancel a reservation?
The sooner you cancel, the more the Ath will be able to adjust so that others can enjoy the event. The deadline to cancel is 9 a.m. the morning of the event. Cancel by contacting the Athenaeum.
Can I record the talk?
Please see our recording policy.
Is there a dress code?
Yes, it is explained here on the guidelines page.
Follow the Athenaeum
Unless otherwise noted, lunch begins at 11:45 a.m.; speaker presentations begin at 12:15 p.m.
Evening receptions begin at 5:30 p.m.; dinner is served at 6 p.m.; speaker presentations begin at 6:45 p.m.