Financial Aid

Frequently Asked Questions


All questions regarding your balance, bill, or 1098-T form.
Please contact the Office of Student Accounts at 909.621.8232.

I did not receive a W2 form from my work study job.
If you have questions about your work-study W2, please contact the Payroll Department at 909.607.4348. If you have questions about the taxes taken out of your work-study paycheck or other tax-related work-study questions, please contact the CMC Payroll Office at 909.607.1065.

I graduated from CMC and now I have questions about my loans.
After students have graduated from Claremont McKenna College, the Office of Financial Aid is no longer involved in their loan process, including repayment, deferment, or any other questions. If you have questions about repaying your CMC College loan and have already graduated from Claremont McKenna College, please contact the Student Loan Office at 909.621.8414. If you have borrowed another type of loan, like a Federal Direct Stafford Loan, Perkins Loan, Federal Direct PLUS loan, or alternative loan, Claremont McKenna College is not your lender, and does not service your loan after graduation. You need to contact NSLDS at with any questions or concerns you have about your loan.

I got _______ in the mail, and now I have a question about it.
If you have questions about any communications with the Office of Financial Aid, feel free to call or email us; however, we ask that you please note where the correspondence originated before calling our office. Many forms, letters, and other correspondence regarding student financials comes from the Office of Student Accounts, the Student Loans Office, or other offices besides the Office of Financial Aid, and the Financial Aid staff may not be able to assist you with questions about other office procedures.

Who should I contact if I have more questions?
Please feel free to contact any of our Financial Aid staff. You can email the Financial Aid staff at