Outright Gift of Stock
For outright gifts of publically traded stock please follow these instructions for making the transfer of shares to Claremont McKenna College. Please notify our office of your intended stock transfer by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800) GIVE-2-CMC(800-448-3226).
When the stock is held in street name:
- Ask the broker to transfer the appropriate number of shares to:
The Northern Trust Company
DTC # 2669
FFC: Claremont McKenna College (Tax ID #95-1664101)
Contact Info: Scott Mestan (312) 557-6896
- Please telephone or email us with the name of the stock, the number of shares you are donating, the date that the instructions were given to the broker, and your gift instructions (account, uses, etc.).
- We will issue a gift receipt for the mean price of the shares on the date the securities are received in our account.
When the stock is registered in your name:
- Copy the back of the certificate(s).
- Sign the copy of the certificate back only, leaving all other information blank.
- Mail the certificates to CMC in one envelope.
- Mail the signed copy of the certificate back to CMC in a separate envelope.
- Include your gift instructions (accounts, uses, etc.).
- We will issue a gift receipt for the mean price of the shares on the date that your letters were postmarked.