An ASCMC Student Senate Initiative
Sponsored by the Information Technology Advisory Board
Information Technology Services is supporting ASCMC in their desire to deliver TV channels to students over CMC's network infrastructure. All residents of CMC's dorms and apartments are now able to view the following regular TV channels via Windows Media Player on a Windows or Macintosh system. As an ASCMC venture, all programming-related questions should be directed to an ASCMC representative.
Media Player and System Requirements:
- Windows: Windows Media Player version 9 or higher
- Macintosh: Windows Media Player 9 for Mac OS X
- Click on a link below to begin watching
- If the video is choppy, check your Windows Media Player options and ensure that the "Connection Speed" is set to "Detect connection speed (recommended)"
- Windows built-in firewall in XP and Vista can interfere with CMC IPTV. Select your platform for detailed instructions: XP | Vista
- Download the IPTV Mac Pack below
- Double click the iptv_mac.dmg file that was downloaded
- Open READ_ME_FIRST.pdf and follow the instructions
It is strongly recommended that all Peer-2-Peer software be disabled while attempting to view the streams. Failure to do so could result in a poor viewing experience.