Safe Web Surfing
Web surfing can leave you exposed to security vulnerabilities if not configured correctly. There is an increasing threat from software attacks that take advantage of internet browsers. Understanding how to configure the security of your browser is crucial in ensuring your safety on the web. The following are some easy tips to get you started.
- Don't opt to store usernames and passwords in your browser.
- Don't click on pop-up messages that flash on your screen. You can install a pop up blocker to help minimize this.
- Always use the most current version of your browser.
- Don't follow links in emails that you are not expecting.
- Use different passwords on every website that contains confidential information.
- Use anti-virus and firewall software.
- Set your browser security settings to High (for detailed directions, choose your browser below)