Welcome to the Claremont McKenna College security and safe computing website. This area of our website is designed to raise awareness of computer security and safe computing practices. You will find security policies, procedures, documentation, and tools to help you practice safe and secure computing.
Make sure to run all updates for your system. This is important for both Windows and Macs.
- For Windows users, open Internet Explorer, click on the "Tools" menu and choose "Windows Update". Make sure to get all high priority updates.
- For Macintosh computers, click on the Apple in the top left, and choose "Software Update".
Both should be set to automatically update.
Use a strong password both for your network and email password as well as for your computer! "password" is bad; "P1zzaisg00d" is much better.
- Use a pass phrase instead of a single word. "Pizza Is Good" is three words.
- Substitute numbers or symbols or switch the case of letters.
- Make it something you can remember so you don't have to write it down!
Welcome to the Claremont McKenna College security website. This area of our website is designed to raise awareness of computer security. You will find security policies, procedures, security documentation, and tools to help you test the configuration of your system.
- Best practices for protecting your pc
- Surfing the net
- Copyright Information
- Skype Users
- Social Networking Sites
- Information Technology Security Metrics