Anti-virus:CMC requires that ALL computers connected to our network have an approved anti-virus program running at all times. We do not provide one, instead we have a list of approved programs:
For Macintosh(yes, it is required - Macs are computers too):
- Norton (Symantec) (www.norton.com)
- ClamXAv (www.clamxav.com)
- Eset Cybersecurity (www.eset.com) - makers of Nod32 for Windows
- VirusBarrier (www.intego.com/virusbarrier)
- AVG (free.grisoft.com)
- Avira (www.free-av.com)
- Kaspersky (www.kaspersky.com)
- McAfee (www.mcafee.com)
- Microsoft Security Essentials (www.microsoft.com/security_essentials)
- Nod32 (www.eset.com)
- Norton (Symantec) (www.symantec.com)
- PC-Cillin (Trend Micro) (www.trendmicro.com)
AVG, Avira, and Microsoft Security Essentials are free.
All anti-virus programs must be FULL versions (not a demo), must be up to date, and must be set to auto-update daily.
Keeping your computer clean and safe is YOUR responsibility!