Office of the VP for Student Affairs, Admission & Financial Aid
The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, Admission, and Financial Aid is really just two people, Jeff and Julia, who oversee a wide spectrum of programs at CMC to ensure that the College is running smoothly for students.
Jeff reports to the President of the College and is responsible for supervision of several units within the College including:
• The Admission Office (for undergraduate students).
• The Financial Aid Office.
• The Dean of Students Office, including: Academic Counseling, Personal Advising, Discipline, First-Year Student Programs, Residential Life, Student Activities, the Center for Civic Engagement, and Recreation (including intramural and club sports).
• The Career Services Center.
• International Place.
• The Marian Miner Cook Athenaeum.
• Disability Accommodation Services (for students).
• Management of the Bon Appetit Management Company’s service in Collins Dining Hall, the Hub, and the Store. (Shared with the Treasurer.)
• The Vice President delegates responsibility to the Dean of Students for supervision of Claremont’s shared services, including: Campus Safety, the Monsour Counseling & Psychological Services Center, Student Health Services, Health Education Outreach, the Office of Black Student Affairs, Chicano-Latino Student Affairs, the Queer Resource Center, the Chaplains, and the EmPOWER Center (sexual assault education, prevention and care).
Jeff’s goal is to advise the Admission Office about the selection of women and men with high academic and personal qualifications to join the CMC community, ensure that the Financial Aid Office helps students and their families to afford a CMC education, and work with many Student Affairs units that deliver services to students in their day-to-day lives at the College.
Julia’s goal is to provide support to students with Disabilities, to keep Jeff organized, and to keep the administrative tasks of the Admission Office on-track.
Jeff and Julia want CMC students to have a college experience that: promotes intellectual curiosity, is safe, is enjoyable, fosters lifelong friendships, and leads to many opportunities after college.
Who We Are
For more information on the staff in any of the areas that report to the Vice President, please click on the links found on this page.
Jefferson Huang, Vice President for Student Affairs, Admission, & Financial Aid
• Dean Huang reports directly to the President and is a member of the Senior Staff of the College.
• Dean Huang holds a PhD in Philosophy from the Claremont Graduate University, and he earned his Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees at Colgate University in Hamilton, NY.
• Favorite Movie: Casino Royale (2006).
• Favorite Band: The Police.
Julia Easley, Assistant Director of Student Administration
Kravis Center, Room 137
• Ms. Easley oversees the administrative tasks within Student Affairs and the Admission Office. Ms. Easley also serves as the coordinator for students needing Disability Support Services.
• Ms. Easley holds a Bachelor’s degree from the Plan II Honors Program at the University of Texas in Austin.
• Favorite Movie: Pretty Woman (1990).
• Favorite Band: The Beatles.