Due to the Novel 2019 Coronavirus and prevalence of flu incidents, CMC offers the following information, resources, and tips for staying healthy.
The CDC and public health officials emphasize that normal hygiene practices are most effective for disease prevention:
- Wash hands with soap and water for 30 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Cover nose and mouth with elbow or a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Limit close contact, like kissing, or sharing cups or utensils, with sick people.
- We urge anyone feeling ill (fever, cough, shortness of breath, other respiratory symptoms) to contact Student Health at 909-621-8222 for a telephone consultation.
- Student Health Services (SHS) advises persons who recently traveled from Wuhan, China (in the past 14 days) or have had close contact with some suspected of having an infection with the new coronavirus to watch for flu-like symptoms.
- If you have recently traveled to Wuhan, China and feel sick with fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, you should seek medical care right away. Before you go to SHS, a doctor’s office or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms. If experiencing symptoms, use a face mask, and call (909) 621-8222 to consult with a medical provider. If you are asymptomatic (not experiencing symptoms) you do not have to be seen by a provider.
It is important that as public health officials continue to monitor and assess risks, that we exercise informed caution – both in being vigilant in our own hygiene and in preventing the spread of misinformation. Updated information will continue to be available online through the Centers for Disease Control and Los Angeles County Public Health.
Health Advisory Communications:
MARCH 11 PRESIDENT'S COVID-19 COLLEGE ANNOUNCEMENT
MARCH 10 PRESIDENT COMMUNICATION
MARCH 4 PRESIDENT COMMUNICATION
FEBRUARY 28 TCCS HEALTH ADVISORY COMMUNICATION
FEBRUARY 28TH DEAN OF STUDENTS SPRING BREAK COMMUNICATION
FEBRUARY 14TH STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES COMMUNICATION
JANUARY 29TH DEAN OF STUDENTS COMMUNICATION
JANUARY 29TH STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES COMMUNICATION
JANUARY 23RD STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES COMMUNICATION
FEBRUARY 28 TCCS FAQS
LA COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH - COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITIES GUIDANCE
CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL: CDC
LOS ANGELES COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH
ASSOCIATION OF INTERNATIONAL EDUCATORS: NAFSA