For outright gifts of publicly traded stock please follow these instructions for making the transfer of shares to Claremont McKenna College. Please notify our office of your intended stock transfer by emailing us at email@example.com or call us at (800) GIVE-2-CMC (800-448-3226).
When the stock is held in street name:
- Ask the broker to transfer the appropriate number of shares to:
The Northern Trust Company
50 S. LaSalle, Chicago, IL 60603
DTC # 2669
FFC: Claremont McKenna College (Tax ID #95‐1664101)
Account: 2622138 – Claremont‐Gift Account
Contact Info: Anna Melka (312) 444-5790
- Email or telephone us with the name of the stock, the number of shares you are donating, the date that the instructions were given to the broker, and your gift instructions (account, uses, etc.).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org information regarding the cost basis from when you acquired the stock.
- We will issue a gift receipt for the mean price of the shares on the date the securities are received in our account.
When the stock is registered in your name:
- Copy the back of the certificate(s).
- Sign the copy of the certificate back only, leaving all other information blank.
- Mail the certificates to CMC in one envelope.
- Mail the signed copy of the certificate back to CMC in a separate envelope.
- Include your gift instructions (accounts, uses, etc.).
- Include or email email@example.com information regarding the cost basis from when you acquired the stock.
- We will issue a gift receipt for the mean price of the shares on the date that your letters were postmarked.