CMC IPTV - BETAWindows Vista Firewall for Windows Media Player Multicast Setup
1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
2. If your control panel looks like the screenshot below, click the Classic View link on the left.
3. Once in the classic view, double click on Windows Firewall.
4. Click Change settings.
5. Click the Exceptions tab. If Windows Media Player is listed in the Program or port window, make sure that it is checked and then click OK . If Windows Media Player is not listed, click the Add program button and continue to step 6.
6. Windows now lists additional applications that you can select to add to your firewall configuration. If Windows Media Player is in the list, click on it and click OK. This will return you to the windows shown above in step 5 where you will need to ensure that a check mark appears next to Windows Media Player. Once this is done, click OK to save the new settings. If Windows Media Player is not listed, please click the Browse button and continue to step 7.
7. Type the following into the File name box and then click Open. c:program fileswindows media playerwmplayer
8. Wmplayer.exe should now be a member of the Add a Program list which you can select and then click OK. This will return you to the window shown above in step 5 where you will need to ensure that a check mark appears next to wmplayer.exe. Once this is done, click OK to save new settings.
9. You are done!