Koury Outstanding Accounting Alumni Award
The Koury Outstanding Accounting Alumni Award is given to a Claremont McKenna College alumna/us who has excelled in professional endeavors, who exhibits personal integrity, and who demonstrates a deep commitment to the Economics-Accounting program of the Robert Day School of Economics and Finance at Claremont McKenna College.
The Award was established in May 2004 to memorialize William Koury III '93, a kind, gentle, and brilliant accounting professional, who passed away suddenly earlier that year. Bill was a well-loved member of the CMC community and his commitment to accounting was evident while he was on campus and after graduation.
These distinguished members of the CMC Accounting Community have been honored with the Koury Award:
- Gary Birkenbeuel '80, Partner at Ernst & Young, LLP
- Jose Camps '91, Partner at Deloitte, LLP
- Laura Hamm '97, Senior Associate at PriceWaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- Venisa Ibarra '96, Partner at Deloitte & Touche, LLP
- Michelle Paterson '04, Experienced Senior at Ernst & Young, LLP
- Miles Remer '01, Manager at Ernst & Young, LLP
- Frederick Wentzel, Jr. '85, Partner at Grant Thornton, LLP