Spring was a time for graduating seniors to prepare to say farewell to CMC, but it was also a season to say “hello again” for many members of the College’s alumni community. The Office of Alumni and Parent Relations reported high participation numbers for this May’s celebration of Alumni Weekend, which centered on the Gann Quadrangle, decorated in bright yellow and white ribbons, in front of the Kravis Center.
More than 700 people registered for a weekend’s worth of programs: alumni panels, ContinuED sessions with notable professors including Robert Faggen, Paul Hurley, Wendy Lower, and John K. Roth, a volunteer opportunity to support Operation Gratitude, a family-oriented Saturday lunch fondly known as “Stag-a-palooza,” a special PPE reunion honoring the program’s founders (in particular Professor Ward Elliott, who retired at the end of the spring semester), a wine-tasting featuring CMC-owned wineries, class dinners, and Monte Carlo Night.
Many of the College’s alumni and other members were also honored for their service with the presentation of awards by the CMCAA. (See below for the names of this year’s recipients.)
In addition to photos included in this issue of CMC Magazine, you will find a full gallery of images by clicking here to visit the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations online.
A weekend of awards
CMCAA bestowed a number of service awards on members of the College's community during this year’s Alumni Weekend. Recipients honored for their service include:
- Jack Stark ’57 Distinguished Service Award: Professor Ward Elliott
- Volunteers of the Year: Eric Affeldt ’79 and John Taylor ’64
- Class Liaison of the Year: Bob Beasley ’59
- Pamela Gann Leadership Award: Living on One: Hannah Gregg ’12, Zach Ingrasci ’12, and Chris Temple ’12
- Honorary Membership, CMCAA: Professor Nicholas Warner
- Honorary Membership, CMCAA: Myrna Elliott
- John P. Faranda ’79 Student Service Award (presented the week after Alumni Weekend): Professor Marc Massoud P ’89
For a complete list of CMCAA awards, past and present, click here.