What are the unique values and commitments that define Claremont McKenna College?
This issue of CMC Magazine renders some powerful answers:
• The bold commitment to take on the toughest challenges in national higher education and to lead by example, illustrated by The Student Imperative;
• The scrappy impulse of our community to start new ventures that make a difference in the lives of others, as reflected in the observations of Emerita President Gann;
• The persistence to finish the race even when we’re too exhausted to go on, as represented by triathlete Whitney Dawson ’12;
• The rich integration of the social and academic student-faculty relationships between our most prodigious professors and most motivated students, epitomized by Emeritus Professor Gordon Bjork;
• The deepest intellectual dedication to explain complexity and find nuance in daunting problems, as exemplified in Professor Jonathan Petropoulos’ new book, Artists Under Hitler;
• The generous commitment to return on value through the targeted philanthropy of our community, celebrated here in the distinguished list of CMC supporters;
And much more.
As we move further into a new year, please join me in celebrating the special commitments that both define and bind our community as Claremont McKenna College.