Virtually all career services that were available to you as a CMC student are available to you as an alumna/us. The Career Services Center does not charge alumni for any service offered.
Job Listings for Alumni
Many jobs for alumni are posted on Handshake, our online recruiting system and job board. Jobs are also posted on the CMC Alumni Association LinkedIn page. If you have not already done so, we encourage you to become a member of that auspicious group of 3,500+ alums as it is an active and useful site.
Electronic resources are an important part of the job search process, but they are not the most effective means of finding employment. There are large hidden job markets that are best explored through personal contacts, professional associations and relationships.
Post a Job or Internship
If you are looking to recruit CMC or Claremont College students to work for your organization, you have come to the correct place. We are part of the 7-C College Recruiting Program meaning that you can post a position across all of the consortium schools. You can post the job on Handshake as an employer. Here are some additional programs we offer:
- On-Campus Interviews: You can set up times to interview Claremont students on-campus.
- Resume Collect: If you are unable to interview at our office, you can designate a resume collect option. Students submit their resumes to an open position, and you can screen online.
- Information Sessions: We offer employers the opportunity to come to our office and speak with students about you and your organization. You can help students discover new career options and build a professional relationship.
- Attend a Career Fair: We have a number of fairs over the course of the year in which you can network with students who are interested in employment opportunities.
For additional information on any of these programs and dates, please contact Charlene Kile.
Online Alumni Directory
Fellow alumni are available to talk to you about their jobs, organizations, and industries as well as offer advice about how to find work and develop your career. Conducting informational interviews can be a very helpful activity, since it provides you with both information and personal contacts. The Alumni Directory can be accessed through the Alumni Gateway. Just click on Online Alumni Directory and log in with your alumni username and password. If you don't know your username and password, please contact the Alumni Relations Office at email@example.com or (909) 621-8097. We also encourage you to get involved with a variety of networking opportunities that are offered by the Alumni Relations Office and the Alumni Chapters. For more information, please visit the CMC Alumni Association Chapters page.
Individualized career counseling is a hallmark of CMC Career Services. Alumni are assigned to a career counselor by "interest cluster". You can simply request an appointment through Handshake, our online communications and recruiting system. Career counseling can be helpful in:
- Clarifying career or life goals
- Creating a personalized timeline and "game plan"
- Preparing and refining a resume, cover letter, or personal statement
- Researching and applying to graduate or professional schools
- Identifying and applying for internships and job opportunities
- Learning the nuts and bolts of the interview process and taking practice interviews
- Understanding the concept of networking and using networking for career exploration purposes
- Researching employers
- Negotiating employment offers
We offer the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and the Strong Interest Inventory (SII) to assist you in clarifying your career-related needs. These tests can be taken online and interpreted by a trained, experienced career counselor in person or by telephone. Please contact your career counselor for a referral.