Claremont McKenna College is a highly selective applied liberal arts college guided by its mission to prepare students for thoughtful and responsible leadership in the private, public and social sectors. A member of the highly regarded Claremont Colleges consortium, CMC brings together a collaborative and cohesive community of broadly diverse students with a distinguished faculty recognized for their excellence in teaching and scholarship.
Who is attracted to CMC?
Doers, Thinkers, Starters, Makers, Problem Solvers, Questioners
CMC students learn by the unique liberal arts philosophy of “learning for the sake of doing.” They are excited to extend their learning beyond the classroom and realize that experience enhances their theory and research.
CMC students thrive when balancing rigorous academics with a life outside of the classroom. They enjoy the close-knit, collaborative, diverse community, dedicated to the free exchange of ideas. CMC students seek to better the world around us to solve real-world problems through innovation and entrepreneurial approaches. They are grounded by the spirit of free exchange of ideas and they recognize the challenges faced by diverse people all across the world.
Dynamic Intellectual Community
- Learn about academic programs where students have access to professors and small classes.
- CMC students graduate with a well-rounded knowledge and developed writing, speaking, analytical, and interpretive skills by fulfilling the College’s general education requirements.
- Learn how to be a leader in a global society by obtaining opportunities through the Center for Global Education.
A Collaborative, Inclusive, and Diverse School Community
- CMC is an intensely residential college with 97% of students choosing to live on campus for all four years.
- Multi-partisan in philosophies, we offer an inclusive community who value diverse backgrounds, voices, and ideas. Additionally, the CARE Center provides a place for civil dialogue and expression while providing resources to support inclusion and remove institutional barriers to success.
- Political, religious, or just for fun – there are more than 60 CMC clubs and organizations available and over 200, in total, among the Claremont Colleges.
- While there are a variety of levels and different ways to stay active on campus through intramural, club, and varsity athletics, CMC has serious Stag & Athena pride through the Claremont-Mudd-Scripps (CMS) athletic program.
Professional Development Opportunities to Prepare for Life after CMC
- Pursue a semester studying off-campus while simultaneously interning at a technology firm in Silicon Valley or a government-related opportunity in Washington D.C.
- Career Services equips CMC students with the knowledge, skills, and resources to find meaningful opportunities while at CMC and beyond.
- CMC students have access to 11 world-class research institutes and centers to pursue graduate-level research opportunities – at the undergraduate level – in conjunction with CMC’s distinguished faculty.
- Meet today’s leaders from a variety of fields by engaging with them and the CMC community in an intimate and relaxed environment at the Athenaeum.