Dear Benefit-Eligible Faculty & Staff,
The 2023 Benefits Open Enrollment period begins Monday, October 17, and ends on Friday, November 4, at 5:00 p.m. PST. If you make no changes, your current benefit elections will remain the same. Participants in the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) must re-enroll during open enrollment, as current year elections will NOT carry over.
All benefit elections are effective January 1, 2023, and will remain in effect through December 31, 2023, unless you experience a qualifying life event that would allow you to make a mid-year change.
Please review the 2023 Benefits Guide carefully, as it contains detailed information about the 2023 benefits. Open enrollment is the time to make changes and review your benefits, including Health Care – Medical, Dental, and Vision; Savings Accounts – Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts; and Financial Protection – AD&D and Life Insurance.
Below are a few details about this year’s Open Enrollment:
Anthem HDHP/HSA Plan Changes:
There have been changes made to the Anthem Act Wise HDHP, or High Deductible Health Plan for 2023. Under this medical plan, the in-network Annual Deductible is now $2,000 per individual, $3,000 per family member, with a $4,000 family limit. The Claremont Colleges has increased the Employer Contribution to your HSA account for 2023: $1,000 for Individual Coverage or $2,000 for Family Coverage.
How to Enroll by November 4:
To review your current benefits and make any desired plan changes for the new plan year, please log into Workday using your network credentials, which are the same credentials that you use to access your email. For assistance with your credentials, please contact the IT Help Desk at extension 70911. Once you are in Workday, look in your inbox for your “Open Enrollment Change” task on October 17th.
Review your current benefit elections and make any desired plan changes for the new year. After you have completed your selections be sure to click the “I Agree” button on your Enrollment Summary page and click “Submit” to finalize your enrollment. Further, we strongly recommend printing out the confirmation of your elections for your records.
Informational Sessions and Resources:
For additional information, please consider attending the Open Enrollment Information Sessions which are available both in person and online.
- Virtual Benefits Fair
- October 10-November 4, 2022 (Password: TCC) You can watch videos, take classes, schedule discussions with the carriers, and enter to win a raffle prize between October 17 and November 4. The link in the virtual fair will allow you to enroll in Workday on October 17th.
- In-Person Employee Health Expo (Benefit Fair)
- October 19, 2022: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm at TCC Library – Mudd Quad
- Benefits Presentations
- October 25, 2022: 2:00 – 3:00 pm via Zoom
- October 27, 2022: 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm at Bauer Center – Pickford Auditorium
- Benefit Enrollment Assistance
- October 17-November 4, 2022, the Office of Human Resources will be available from 8 am-5 pm, Monday through Friday during Open Enrollment. Employees can schedule an in-person appointment or Zoom option online or call 909-621-8490 to schedule an appointment.
- November 1, 2022: 11:30 am – 2:30 pm at CMC Bauer Center – Pickford Auditorium
The following are additional voluntary plans available that you may also consider during open enrollment:
- Nationwide Pet Insurance - Get cashback on eligible vet bills, with two budget-friendly coverage options
- ARAG Legal Assistance Coverage - A legal insurance plan that covers a wide range of legal needs
- Allstate Identity Protection (formerly known as InfoArmor) - Be prepared and help protect your identity and finances from a growing range of threats
- Farmers GroupSelect Auto/Home Insurance - Personal insurance policies, including auto, home or condo, mobile home, renters, recreational vehicle, boat, and personal excess liability
- VOYA Supplement Accident Insurance - Pays you benefits for specific injuries and events resulting from a covered accident
- VOYA Critical Illness Insurance - Pays a lump-sum benefit if you are diagnosed with a covered illness or condition
- VOYA Hospital Indemnity Insurance - Pays a daily benefit if you have a covered stay in a hospital, critical care unit, or rehabilitation facility
Employee Assistance Program:
The EAP program is an employer-paid benefit and does not require enrollment. Access it at www.liveandworkwell.com, Employee Access Code: Claremontcolleges
- Talkspace – text therapy which provides five days of texting = 1 EAP visit
- Sanvello – an app to help with resiliency and mindfulness
- WorkLife Services Overview
If you need assistance or have questions, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (909) 621-8490 or email@example.com. You may also contact the TCCS Benefit Administration by email at BENREPS@claremont.edu or by phone at 909-621-8151.
We look forward to supporting you during Benefits Open Enrollment.