- Prospect research to uncover possible funding sources.
- Inform faculty on requests for proposals from government sources.
- Facilitate contact with granting agencies and program officers.
- Strategize planning and proposal development timeline to meet all relevant deadlines.
Grant Preparation Activities
- Coordinate pre-award meeting with PI, and OSR to review program announcement.
- Providing relevant institutional data.
- Providing CMC descriptive text.
- Assist with proposal drafting and ensure all required proposal elements are met.
- Assist with budget preparation and obtain institutional approval of final budget.
Submission of Proposals
- Ensure all federal and institutional compliance regulations are met and that pre-submission forms are complete.
- Review completed materials and coordinate mailing services.
- Submit on-line proposals.
- Monitors reporting deadlines.
- Assist with report preparation.
- Act as liaison with Pendleton Financial Services/CMC Team.
Practices and requirements to keep in mind when developing grant ideas:
- Start the process early! Funding usually comes months after submission.
- The Office of Sponsored Research must sign off on all proposals prior to submission, and must receive a final copy of all proposals submitted.
- Most government agencies require on-line submission only through the Office of Sponsored Research.