Dear Families: Strong faculty support has made it possible for CMC to send over 40% of each graduating class abroad each year. We would not be able to do so however without strong support from you, our families. We invite you to become a partner in your student's opportunity of a lifetime. Together we can make it happen. We hope to answer many of your questions. Feel free to contact us if we can be of any help.
What can parents do to help?
- Send your student back to campus with a valid passport.
- Engage discussion with your student.
- Help your student with the visa application if necessary.
- Take the lead regarding health insurance.
- Challenge and engage your student to read about the host country.
- Remind your student about taking responsibility for his or her own safety while abroad.
- Make sure he or she packs clothing that is acceptable in the host culture.
- Offer support during the period of cultural adjustment.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Additionally, some of you may be interested in more information: