Students make the best ambassadors for CMC!
Student callers are vital to the success of fundraising at CMC and to maintaining strong relationships with alumni and parents. Students are the best ambassadors to talk about the CMC experience - because they’re living it!
This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, a problem-solving mentality, the ability to think strategically in a fast-paced environment, and a genuine affinity for Claremont McKenna. Working on the Phonenite team is an excellent opportunity to develop your knowledge and expertise in communication, fundraising, and public relations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as an ambassador by establishing an open line of communication between the College and its supporters.
- Gain a greater understanding of the College, its organizational structure, and its annual needs for financial support.
- Call constituents (alumni and parents of CMC) to build personal rapport, update demographic information, share events or engagement opportunities, and acquire gifts to the Annual Fund.
- Work with other student callers in a team-oriented environment to achieve institutional goals.
- Commit to a minimum of 6 hours (2 shifts) per week.
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality.
- Have a great time and make new friends!
- Competitive wages, plus opportunities to advance into management: This is *the* best job on campus!
- Build your resume: Develop strong fundraising, communication, and marketing skills.
- Network: Converse with alumni in various professions from all around the world.
- Incentives: Snacks, pizza parties, and end-of-semester celebrations!