Watch Commencement Livestream
Claremont McKenna College is excited to honor the accomplishments of our graduates and their families! Our 75th Annual Commencement Events honoring the graduates from Claremont McKenna College’s Class of 2023 will be held on Saturday, May 13, 2023 on the CMC Campus. This page will be updated in the coming weeks and months with additional information.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
2023 Commencement Schedule
Wednesday, May 3
Last Day of Classes for Seniors
Thursday, May 11
Phi Beta Kappa Initiation Ceremony | Pickford Auditorium
Phi Beta Kappa Dinner | Marian Miner Cook Athenaeum
(By invitation only)
Friday, May 12
Commencement Rehearsal and Cap and Gown Distribution | Arena, Roberts Pavilion
(Mandatory for Graduates)
CMC 1Gen Celebration | Marian Miner Cook Athenaeum
Baccalaureate Service for Class of 2023 & Graduates and Families | Mabel Shaw Bridges Hall of Music
Welcome Reception for Graduates, Families, and Friends | Gann Quadrangle
Hosted by the CMC Alumni Association
Saturday, May 13
Brunch for Graduates and Families | Collins Dining Hall
Advanced purchase strongly recommended. $15 per person at the door.
Marquee Open for Ceremony Seating | Parents Field
Line-up for All Graduates | Arena, Roberts Pavilion
75th Annual Commencement Ceremony | Parents Field
Delight in the cheers of your classmates, family, and friends as you walk across the commencement stage to celebrate all of your accomplishments as a CMC graduate.
Reception for Graduates, Families, and Friends | Gann Quadrangle
Enjoy the traditional champagne and light hors d’oeuvres reception with your classmates, family, and friends!
Sunday, May 14
All graduates must be fully moved out of their residence hall/apartment areas.
Additional Information for Families & Guests
- The Commencement ceremony and related activities are all ADA accessible. Reserved seating is available for guests in wheelchairs or who need additional accommodations. Unfortunately, CMC does not provide wheelchairs or rides. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Events.
- The College requests that guests refrain from bringing pets to the outdoor graduation ceremony. Service animals are permitted. Thank you for your compliance.
- Tickets are not required for the graduation ceremony. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Seats may not be reserved but may be held if a family member remains under the marquee. Staff members will be onsite to assist with seating and any special needs.
- To ensure all can enjoy the ceremony and view the ceremony comfortably from their seats, CMC has contracted for individual photos of each graduate receiving a diploma during the ceremony. A link containing these images will be sent to you and your student via email approximately one week following the ceremony.
- Please visit cmc.edu on the day of Commencement for Live Streaming access of the Commencement ceremony. A banner will appear on the main image of the CMC home page with a link.
- Commencement announcements may be ordered through CB Announcements either online at www.cbgrad.balfour.com or by phone at (800) 433-0296.