Concerned about someone?
If you feel concerned for a student’s immediate safety, please contact Campus Safety at (909) 607-2000.
The case management team of the Dean of Students office is available to consult with faculty, staff, families and concerned individuals who may be worried about a student’s well-being. Campus community members are encouraged to reach out if they notice any of the following, as these may be signs of a distressed student:
- Sudden changes from regular behavior patterns (social, emotional, academic, sleeping, substance use)
- Multiple absences from class or place of employment
- Decline in quality of academic work
- Expressions of intense or extreme emotions (anxiety, hopelessness, anger, panic)
- Concerning change in physical appearance/hygiene
- Upsetting or traumatic events
- Impulsive or aggressive tendencies
- Suicidal/homicidal statements or attempts
If you notice or sense any concerning behaviors, please let us know by making a referral here. This information will be forwarded to the appropriate staff in the Dean of Students office.
In addition, the campus community may find the 7C Care Guide helpful in recognizing and responding to signs of distress.