The SRP application window is open from February 4, 2022 - March 2, 2022. Students wishing to submit an application will need the following:
- Project Title
- SRP Faculty Mentor
- A signed SRP Faculty Approval Form - Students are required to fill out the form and have it signed by their faculty mentor. This form helps students and faculty determine the work expectations and outcomes.
- CMC Transcript
- A cover letter that includes responses to the following three questions (between 1000-2000 words):
- Describe the agreement with your faculty advisor regarding amount of work, work expectations, and expected outcomes (e.g. blog posts, research paper/poster).
- Explain the merit of your proposed project and your qualifications for conducting it. Include descriptions of relevant coursework and research experience in support of your qualifications.
- Describe the depth and value of your proposed intellectual experience – what do you expect to learn and why is this learning experience valuable to you?
Priority will be given to students in the social and mathematical sciences and humanities who do not have access to other sources of institutional funding (e.g., students who are not associated with CMC research institutes or do not have access to departmental funding), students who can commit to full-time work, and students who can attend in-person. A faculty committee including the Program Director, Associate Dean of the Faculty for Research, and at least one faculty member from another discipline will review the applications and communicate their decisions by March 23, 2022.
Once students are notified, they will have until April 6th to accept or decline their SRP offer. If accepted, students then register through the Sponsored Internships & Experiences Program (SIE) portal. After creating an account, applicants will complete all required forms and upload all required documents to the portal. Materials may not be submitted in hard copy or via email.
All CMC students may apply anytime for additional funding for research-related supplies, participant payments, or travel to present research by submitting a student research funding request.
SRP applications must be submitted by March 2, 2022 using the online form accessed below: