Institutional Grants

CMC grants are derived from gifts and endowments given to CMC by individuals or organizations for scholarship purposes. Special applications are not necessary for these funds.


Federal Pell Grants

Federal Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students who have not yet earned a bachelor's degree and display an exceptional financial need. The Pell Grant amounts can change yearly and is limited to 12 semesters of full-time awards. Visit the Federal Student Aidopen_in_new website to learn more.


Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)

The FSEOG is a need-based federal grant available to students with the most exceptional financial need who have not already received a bachelor’s degree. Preference is given to Federal Pell Grant recipients who apply for financial aid by Claremont McKenna’s published deadlines. Funds are limited and the annual maximum FSEOG award is $1,000.


Grants Awarded by the State of California

The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) awards Cal Grants on the basis of academic achievement and financial need. CMC requires all students who are California residents seeking financial assistance to apply for a Cal Grant. To be considered for a Cal Grant, you must submit a GPA Verification Form that has been certified by a high school or college official. GPA Verification Forms may be submitted by your last high school or college attended to CSAC no later than March 2.

  • Cal Grant A is awarded to needy undergraduate students for use at an approved California college or university. It is renewable for four years.
  • Cal Grant B is awarded to students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds


Other California Student Aid Commission Awards

California residents should also consider applying for other awards offered by the California Student Aid Commissionopen_in_new.


Other State Awards

States such as:

  • Alaska
  • Delaware
  • District of Columbia
  • Maryland
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • Vermont
  • Territories of Guam and the Pacific Islands

Students are strongly encouraged to explore their eligibility for state grants. Please contact your individual state grant agency for more information. A list of addresses and phone numbers of state agencies can be obtained from the U.S. Department of Educationopen_in_new.