Congratulations on your employment with Claremont McKenna College! We are excited to work with you to get you started. After you have accepted your position, your manager will submit a request to the Payroll office to initiate your new hire onboarding process. We will reach out to you via e-mail to let you know that your onboarding process has been initiated and is ready to begin.
New Hire Onboarding Instructions
Student new hire onboarding includes completion of all Workday onboarding tasks in addition to the Form I-9. If you are an international student, you will also have to apply for a Social Security Card if you do not already have one. All of these items must be fully completed before you receive clearance from Payroll and may begin working.
Workday Onboarding Tasks
Please log into Workday using your CMC credentials and access your workday onboarding tasks from your inbox. If you run into any issues with your CMC credentials, please contact our ITS HelpDesk at 909-607-0911.
- Review your Name, Contact Information, & Personal Information –Please review this task and ensure all of the information is entered and accurate. Make any adjustments if necessary and then submit.
- NOTE: The home address you enter here will be the address where any live paychecks will be mailed if you do not enroll in direct deposit. We recommend entering your CMC Student Mailbox address if your home address is not a local address.
- Edit Government IDs – Click on the plus sign under National IDs to add your Social Security Number information. This is required for tax reporting purposes. If you do not have an SSN, please apply for one through the Social Security Administration Office. Click submit once entered.
- NOTE: If you are a Non-CMC student, Workday may recognize that your SSN is already entered for your home college. If you receive a warning, this may be bypassed by clicking on submit a few times.
- Veteran Status Identification – Enter your Veteran Status and then click on submit.
- Complete State and Local Withholding Elections – Enter your tax elections for state and local withholdings and then click on submit.
- Complete Federal Withholding Elections – Enter your tax elections for federal withholdings and then click on submit.
- Payment Election Enrollment Event – You may set up direct deposit so that your paychecks will be direct deposited into your bank account on pay day. Please make sure to select Direct Deposit as your Preferred Payment Method and then add your bank account information.
- NOTE: If you elect to receive live checks, your checks will be mailed to the Home Address you listed in Workday. Standard mailing times will apply.
- Complete Form I-9 – Please complete Section 1 of the Form I-9. This is to verify your Employment Eligibility. Click submit once completed.
Submit your Form I-9 supporting documentation
- Once you have completed all of your Workday onboarding tasks, please visit this website to review the list of acceptable I-9 documents: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents. You must present one selection from List A OR a combination of one selection from List B and one selection from List C. Please reach out to email@example.com to set an appointment for physical inspection of your I-9 documents.
After your Workday onboarding tasks and your I-9 supporting documents have been submitted, the Payroll Office will review and reach out to you regarding next steps.