How to Order Official Transcripts
Current CMC Students
If you are currently attending CMC and use the CMC Portal:
- Log on to the CMC portal.
- Select the "Student" tab.
- Click/tap the “Request Transcripts” link from the navigation panel.
- Follow on-screen prompts to order.
Alumni and All Other Students
If you are an alumnus, former student, or ROTC cadet:
- Go to the Parchment Storefront for The Claremont Colleges.
- Log in or register for an account (first-time users).
- Follow on-screen prompts to order.
There is a $5 fee per electronic copy requested. Additional postage charges apply for paper transcripts. The charge is pre-authorized when you order, but your card will not be charged until the transcript is sent.
- Email a secure electronic copy of your official transcript;
- Mail an official paper copy transcript to specific address; or
- Hold an official paper copy in the Registrar’s Office for you to pick up during business hours.
If you have a form or cover letter that requires action from the Registrar’s Office (a signature, or fields to be filled in), bring the form to us for completion prior to submitting your order. Allow sufficient time for us to process your form. Once we return the completed form to you, submit your transcript order and attach the completed form.
Recipients of electronic transcripts have 30 days to access the transcript. The transcript can be downloaded up to 7 times within those 30 days.
If you requested a transcript for your own use, we recommend downloading the PDF to your computer. That way you have a permanent record you can use beyond the 30 day/7 download access window. Once you download the transcript to your computer, you can use it as many times as you need to for online applications.
Most electronic transcripts are processed within minutes. Paper transcripts are generally processed in 1-2 business days. If you attended CMC before 1985, allow extra time for processing.
You can check the status of your order by logging on to the ordering site and clicking “Order Status” at the top of the page.
Transcripts are not processed on major holidays. There will be a delay in transcript processing for current students during grading periods at the end of each semester. See the bottom of this page for a list of holidays and blackout dates.
For issues with the Parchment ordering system, visit the Parchment FAQ, located under Support on the Parchment Storefront. Contact us if you encounter an error not addressed in the FAQ, or if you need additional assistance; we can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (909) 621-8101.
Working Copy Transcripts (Unofficial Transcripts)
Unofficial transcripts are only available to current CMC students in the Portal. Click on the “Unofficial Transcript” link under the “Student” tab. Alumni and all other students can request an Official Transcript through Parchment. Please follow the instructions provided above.
You will be notified either on the ordering screen or via email if there is a hold on your order. Contact us if you need additional assistance; we can be reached by email at email@example.com, or by phone at (909) 621-8101.
- Financial Aid Hold: Contact the Financial Aid Office at (909) 621-8356 or at FinAid@cmc.edu. Once the hold is removed, your transcript request will be automatically processed.
- Hold for Grades: You selected “Hold for Grades” when placing your order. Once the grading period ends, your transcript request will be automatically processed. Allow approximately two weeks past the end of finals for processing.
- Hold for Degree: You selected “Hold for Degree” when placing your order. Once your degree has been posted, your transcript will be automatically processed.
Holidays and Blackout Dates
Paper transcripts for pickup and transcripts for students attending CMC prior to 1985 will not be processed on these dates:
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day & the Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
Contact the Registrar’s Office if you need assistance or have questions not addressed above. We can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (909) 621-8101.