Tenured and tenure-track faculty by department, the student to faculty ratio, course sections by size, percentages of course sections taught by tenured and tenure-track faculty, average class sizes, and cross-registration information are all included in this series.
- The number of tenured and tenure-track faculty has grown by over 50% in the last 10 years, including the Keck Science department, a joint program with Pitzer and Scripps Colleges.
- The student-to-faculty ratio is 8 to 1; as the student body has grown, so have the faculty.
- Over 80% of CMC classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Roughly 75% or more course sections are taught by tenured or tenure-track faculty (including Keck Science proportionally).
- The average course size is 18-19 students, with variations by department.
- Almost 95% of CMC graduates have cross-registered during their time at CMC.
View Faculty charts and data